Once dissertation writing has been completed, checking the paper's formatting is the last thing to do to make certain that a paper is done correctly. In order to be accepted by the dissertation committee, the paper must be formatted correctly. This article explains the procedures used to correctly format a Word document to meet the specific guidelines needed for acceptance. If the student is unable to format his/her own work, Supreme-Thesis.net can do it quickly and affordably.
Each appendix or the collection of appendices should be placed into its own appropriate section. If professor requires, you can even create a separate file. One should make sure that all formatting is consistent throughout the entire document.
Adding a section break:
- Click on Insert and select Break.
- On the Break menu, select Next Page – This is the default setting, in most cases. Its job is to ensure that all appendices begin on a new page.
The bibliography should match the requirements set forth by the university. These requirements often conform to the field's empirical literature. The bibliography should be single-spaced and include an additional space between each entry.
To set line spacing:
- Use the Format menu.
- Select Paragraph.
- Select the Indents and Spacing option.
Inserting subscript or superscript:
- Select the desired text that should be formatted.
- On the Format menu, select Font.
- Click the Font tab.
- Select the script check box that describes the script needed.
To insert an equation:
- Determine where equation should be inserted.
- Proceed to the menu titled Insert, select Object, then click Create New.
- Proceed to Object Type box and select the tab that is labeled Microsoft Equation 3.0.
- Select OK.
- Build equation by selecting symbols from the Equation toolbar.
- Type in variables and numbers.
- If you want to return to MS Word document, click on it.
- Create a separate Word document for each chapter. As a result, you will be able to open your documents quickly. What is more, such documents are easier to work with. In addition, separate chapters will reduce the occurrence of mistakes.
- Use section breaks to separate sections of the dissertation to change their page orientation or insert endnotes.
- Find formatting codes by going to Format and selecting Reveal Formatting. You will be able to see all the settings available and make any changes if needed.
- Obtain additional information concerning formatting codes by going to Help and selecting What's This? You can place the cursor in the text and watch the format settings at this point.
- Use the Microsoft Office Help if you want to find out how to cope with tasks in Word. Help is detailed. Here you can find accurate answers to many questions.
Stay with a single word-processing program for the entire dissertation.